Monday, November 22, 2010

CONFUCIUS

By three methods we may learn wisdom:
First, by reflection, which is noblest;
Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Do not impose on others what you yourself do not desire.
Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage.
He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself.

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.

It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Look at the means which a man employs, consider his motives, observe his pleasures. A man simply cannot conceal himself!

Never contract friendship with a man that is not better than thyself.
Never give a sword to a man who can’t dance.
Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.

Confucius (born around 551 B.C.) was a Chinese thinker and philosopher.

No comments: